Monday, April 29, 2013

Crystallized ginger review

When your child is holding his belly and looking at you with tears in his eyes and saying, "mom, my belly hurts" ,every parent wants to be able to take that pain away. I have found something that I find very helpful and seems to always work for my child. It is Crystalized Ginger. If you have never heard of this it is simply ginger root which has been dried and preserved with a sugar coating. Research suggests that ginger can help with nausea associated with morning sickness or nausea associated with chemotherapy treatment. It is also known to help with sea sickness. It is the same concept as using Ginger ale to help with an upset stomach however from my own experience the crystalized ginger works far better. It looks like candy but it is actually quite spicy so if you or your child has never tried it I suggest trying a very small piece. I am not a ginger fan so I do not care for this at all, however my child and others I know absolutely love it. You can put this in tea or other recipes if you like it. For my six year old who seems to get pretty bad belly aches it is almost like a miracle cure. This morning he was crying in pain and holding his stomach and after he had the crystallized ginger it was almost instant relief. I now always keep this on hand in my home, and some in my purse in case a belly ache occurs. It may not work for every child and I'm quiet certain not every child will like the taste but its worth a try. This product can be found in health food stores, gourmet markets, or I have started getting it on Amazon and enclosed a link so if you would like to order some you can have it sent to your door. Trader Joe's Crystallized Candied Ginger (8 Oz.)

No comments:

Post a Comment