Sunday, February 3, 2013

Wonder by R. J. Palacio review


I like to read chapter books to my eight and six year old. It is a ritual we have called our bed party to gather on my bed and read or talk or jump around like nuts. Recently we were looking for a book so we went on Amazon,(I love Amazon), just to find the book for their age which was voted the best. Well we came upon a book by R.J. Palacio called Wonder and I did not read what it was about I just went on reviews alone and I requested it from my local library. As I read a bit of it in the library I knew my boys were going to love it. I will only tell you it is about a profoundly deformed boy, and what he goes through. I think this book should be a must read elementary school book. To say my boys and I loved it would be a grave understatement. I actually reached out to the author to tell her how great her book was. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard back from her and my kids thought that was pretty cool. If you have a beating heart you will love this book. I would love comments from anyone who has.

No comments:

Post a Comment